Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"When You Look Me In The Eyes"


On a Tuesday evening, I was working at my retail job. Usually it’s always so busy that we have to multi task with customers and making sure our department looks neat. But that evening we hardly had any customers. For the first time I was actually paying attention to the music they play at work and their lyrics. After listening to several songs, there was one specific song that really opened my ears and that was “When You Look Me In the Eyes” by the Jonas Brothers. It took me several days to figure what artist sang that song. Luckily, it was played again and I asked my coworker if she knew who sang that song.

I felt in love with this song because it reminded me of my significant other. When things are going the right path, I always feel complete and happiness in my heart. But when we go through our break ups my heart feels empty.

My thoughts about “When You Look Me In The Eyes” are that definitely this is a love song and that he cannot find peace or happiness in his heart if he is not with that special someone. In the moment both of them are apart from each other and he is impatiently waiting and hoping they can be together soon. Because as soon as they are together he wants to let her know how much he loves her and he can no longer be without her anymore. On the other note, when they are together and she looks at him and tells him she loves him, he feels fulfillment in his heart. In fact the use of hyperbole is used, “When you look me in the eyes, I catch a glimpse of heaven. I find my paradise, when you look me in the eyes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment