Thursday, September 6, 2012

Introduction


Welcome to my Blogger! 
My name is Lizbeth and I am currently pursuing a B.A. in the English single subject matter at California State University Northridge. In May 2013 I will be graduating. After graduation, I’m hoping to enter CSUN’s credential program. I would really prefer to work for the LAUSD either at a middle or high school. My main goal and motivation to teach is to make a difference in students lives by educating them. 
I definitely have to admit that I am very impressed of how rapid technology is advancing. In fact this is my first time I have to use a social networking website for a course where I can share my works. Personally, I feel that teachers should apply media technology into their teaching starting in middle school and so on. I feel that by that age students should be prepared to use this kind of advance technology. Many students may have great talent in art, writing, etc and are afraid to share it in their classroom; however, websites like Tumblr gives them the opportunity to share their special talents. So, if teachers use this they can definitely make students benefit from. 
It was not until I was in college when I experienced the use of media technology. For one of my courses we were assigned to use Facebook to discuss or make comments on topics that the professor wanted to discuss. Because the discussion was outside of class we were free of expressing our on thoughts. I personally liked this idea because people who hardly participated in class would participate on Facebook and they had great thoughts and opinions. I was able to gain more knowledge by seeing different point of views and more participation from the quiet students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment